As summertime approaches, I am always on hunt for light and refreshing meals. This amazing Gazpacho soup recipe fits the bill perfectly! And, did I mention it’s no-cook?! Meaning you can spend more time doing the things you love – like enjoying the summer weather!
Gazpacho is a cold summer soup made of raw vegetables that is popular in Spain and Portugal, particularly during the hot summers.
This recipe works perfectly as a refreshing lunchtime soup or even a light appetizer. Want to know the key to an amazing gazpacho recipe? Super fresh tomatoes! Since the preparation is completely raw, there’s no hiding sub-par produce!
Let me know how you like this vitamin-packed and refreshing recipe!
- 3 cups V8 juice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 5 ripe tomatoes, peeled
- 1 carrot, peeled and in chunks
- 1 small onion, in chunks
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and quartered
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup fresh basil or cilantro
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- In a food processor, combine 1 cup V8 juice, lemon juice, garlic, 2 tomatoes and one-third of the carrot, onion, cucumber, green pepper, parsley, and basil.
- Process, then pour into a large bowl
- Repeat the process, using 1 cup V8 juice, olive oil jalapeño pepper, 1 tomato and one-third of the remaining vegetables
- Repeat the process, using the last cup of V8 juice and the remaining tomato and vegetables
- Mix the three batches together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Garnish with chopped cucumber or tomato, croutons, slivered basil or a drizzle of olive oil
Christina Grenga is a faith-based Certified Holistic Health Educator who works with Modern Christian women who are ready to quit dieting for good, lose weight naturally, and transform their life. Christina graduated from the world-renowned Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York City, and is a Certified International Health Coach. She uses a Christ centered approach to guide women to create a balanced, thriving life.