A healthy burger alternative just in time for “burger season”! This no-fuss Loaded Quinoa Veggie Burger recipe is simple, light and incredibly delicious. Try it open-faced, wrapped up in a lettuce bun, topped with avocado or just by itself. I’d love to hear what your healthy go-to toppings are!
Loaded Quinoa Veggie Burger
- ½ cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 carrot, diced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup italian seasoned dried breadcrumbs or vegan breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten or egg replacer
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small pot, bring ¾ cup water to a boil.
- Add quinoa and cover.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook until liquid is absorbed – about 12 – 14 minutes.
- Set aside In a foodprocessor, pulse carrot until finely chopped.
- Add cooked quinoa, scallions, garlic, beans, breadcrumbs, egg, cumin, salt, pepper.
- Pulse until combined, but still slightly chunky.
- Form the mixture into four even patties In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat
- Cook burgers till browned – about 8 minutes per side.
In health & faith,
Christina Grenga is a faith-based Certified Holistic Health Educator who works with Modern Christian women who are ready to quit dieting for good, lose weight naturally, and transform their life. Christina graduated from the world-renowned Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York City, and is a Certified International Health Coach. She uses a Christ centered approach to guide women to create a balanced, thriving life.