If your summer is anything like mine, then you’d agree gatherings seem to often revolve around dips and salsa. Rather than skip partaking in the festive food that surrounds us, try introducing this new and healthy recipe to the table!
This refreshing Tomatillo Avocado Salsa recipe is full of flavor and one of our favorite superfoods, Avocado! Not only do I like to use this as a dip, but it pairs wonderfully with chicken tacos or drizzled over your favorite summer meat.
Your friends and family are going to love sharing this one!
Tomatillo Avocado Salsa
- 1 pound tomatillos, husk removed
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 avocado, seed and skin removed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender for a few minutes until puréed or to desired consistency.
- If you don’t have a high powered blender, make sure to at least quarter the tomatillos, onion, avocado, jalapeño, before adding to your blender For a spicy version, do not remove the jalapeño seeds from the recipe This will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator Enjoy!
Christina Grenga is a faith-based Certified Holistic Health Educator who works with Modern Christian women who are ready to quit dieting for good, lose weight naturally, and transform their lives. Christina graduated from the world-renowned Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York City and is a Certified International Health Coach. She uses a Christ-centered approach to guide women to create a balanced, thriving life.