Do you all have those days of feeling like you’ve lost all creative capacity? Or those evenings when you just can’t put one more thought forward of what your going to cook after a long day of work?
I think it’s safe to say we’ve all been there, maybe some of us more often than others. It can become too easy in these moments to fall into the trap of a convenient and unhealthy dinner, simply because we feel “maxed out”.
Fear not, your Faithitarian Community is here to help support you in this journey! This is why I love introducing you to fantastic new recipes that are fun, healthy, and delicious! Cook in confidence knowing that you are nourishing your body.
This is a meal you don’t have to think twice about. These Ultimate Green Taco Wraps will be your new favorite dinner! It’s everything you want out of your dinner: delicious, healthy, and a timeless classic.
- CASHEW CREAM
- ½ cups raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- LENTIL-WALNUT TACO MEAT
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1¾ cups french lentils, cooked
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon fine-grained sea salt, or to taste
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- TACO WRAPS
- 1½ teaspoons olive oil
- 1½ cups bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 8 large romaine, iceberg or butter lettuce leaves
- ½ cup prepared fresh salsa
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 avocados, sliced (optional)
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- lime wedges for garnish
- To make cashew cream: Soak cashews 8 hours, or overnight. Use BPA-free container. (Alternatively, pour boiling water over cashews in bowl and soak 1 hour). Drain and blend in a high-speed blender with remaining ingredients and ¾ cup water until smooth. Chill
- To make Lentil-Walnut Taco Meat: Preheat oven to 300º F. Spread walnuts on rimmed baking sheet and toast 10 – 13 minutes, or until light gold and fragrant. Cool. Pulse walnuts, all remaining ingredients and 2 tablespoons water in food processor until combined, but chunky. Set aside or chill until ready to use
- To make Taco Wraps: Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add pepper and onion, and sauté 15 – 20 minutes, or until translucent
- To assemble: Fill each lettuce leaf with ⅓ cup Lentil-Walnut Taco Meat, 1 tablespoon pepper-onion mixture and 1 tablespoon salsa. Sprinkle with 1½ teaspoons green onion and drizzle with 1 tablespoon Cashew Cream.
- Serve with your choice of optional toppings, if desired, and lime wedges
Christina Grenga is a faith-based Certified Holistic Health Educator who works with Modern Christian women who are ready to quit dieting for good, lose weight naturally, and transform their life. Christina graduated from the world-renowned Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York City, and is a Certified International Health Coach. She uses a Christ centered approach to guide women to create a balanced, thriving life.